Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2007, 20:06 -0700 schrieb dian7 dian:
> Ya, this is not ltsp , just diskless
> we build initrd from network booting services (nbs) tools.
> The process similar from ltsp, doing dhcp,tftpd,nfs. but our problem
> is , the local printing in client can not runnig. what we should do. ?
> should we building new kernel to support local printing module, but i
> don't how to build??

If it is not LTSP, it does not have that logic which listens on port
9100 and forwards data to /dev/lp0 (or whatever that software does).

You could adapt your own system to, for example, run inetd which then
could accept connections on 9100 and output everything received to the
printer port. The kernel part of your setup would need support for
parallel and/or USB printing, which it probably already has.

Of course, all this manual tweaking would not be necessary if you were
to use LTSP *grin* scnr.

Regards,
Anselm