Hello

Le Friday 12 October 2007 11:04:35 Bill Alsbury, vous avez écrit :
> We run a central office with approx 30 workstations and 21 remote sites
> with VPN to central network.  These are load balanced over 4 x 8MB ADSL
> connections so bandwidth is a serious issue.  Most of the remote sites
> only have 1 or 2 workstations installed so because we need to backup we
> use central file servers further adding to loading.
>

> To reduce bandwidth use my thought was to go for a thin client solution
> but the main problem that I see is that there may not be enough
> bandwidth to allow for the boot processes.  What do those of you who
> know think of this?

Try No machine NX, it can solve your latency problem with XWindow.
It will take less than 15 minutes to setup.
You can buy the commercial server version or install FreeNX (which is GPL).
See http://www.nomachine.com and http://freenx.berlios.de/

On the thin client, you can either launch the NX Client from the OS (Windows,
Linux, MacOSX and Solaris) or build a custom linux boot which will connect to
the NX server.
Using the NX client you can still launch the windows applications you will
need.

> Ultimately we want to get all our paperwork web-based so it is all done
> via https through forms on browsers.

> We are very small and only have a
> small development team so I am looking for temporary solutions.

you can setup a NX test server in less than 15 minutes. NoMachine NX is very
eay to setup.

--
Xavier
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  09 54 06 16 26