Onsdag 24 oktober 2007 09:38 skrev Donny Christiaan:
> Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> > Onsdag 24 oktober 2007 05:53 skrev Donny Christiaan:
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> Does anybody on this list have experience with SuperMicro motherboard
> >> using Linux?
> >> (www.supermicro.com)
> >>
> >> Please your info.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > - two year ago, I setup a server (don't remember the exact type of
> > hardware) using SuperMicro hw. Endless troubles. Wintendo only. Funny
> > drivers needed, funny hardware/no support, Windows only.
> > - NOT recommended by me.
>
> Hi,
>
> regarding from their links
> http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/support/resources/OS/OS_Compatibility2.cfm
>
> it seems that the already have support for Linux ...
> what do you think?

- looks good indeed. See for example the support for SuSE9.3...or SLES9/10.
Only NEW hardware, not what was available two years ago.

- we never got the netcards to work. We never got the HD controllers to work.
Had to fill up the machine with xtra cards...

- but the worst thing was the arrogant attitude of their support; "why don't
you just install a supported, normal OS like W2000??" That's a quote.

Good luck anyhow :-)