Luiz Guaraldo napisał(a):
> If you use KDE, change the "metacity" on the script to "startkde"... it
> works very nice!!!

Thank you all for help, but I have problem with this
script :( It's my test script, slightly changed from Michael's version:

#!/bin/sh

for PID in $(pgrep start_kdeinit); do
   DISPLAY=$(cat /proc/${PID}/environ | tr '\0' '\n' | grep DISPLAY |
sed -e 's/DISPLAY=//')
   echo $DISPLAY
   XAUTHORITY=$(cat /proc/${PID}/environ | tr '\0' '\n' | grep XAUTH |
sed -e 's/XAUTHORITY=//')
   echo $XAUTHORITY
   kdialog --msgbox "Test" &
done

I changed "metacity" to "start_kdeinit" and not "startkde" because of lack
of "startkde" processes. Executing of 'pgrep start_kdeinit' gives 11 PIDs for
11 running terminals - so it's OK.

Go to the next line:

DISPLAY=$(cat /proc/${PID}/environ | tr '\0' '\n' | grep DISPLAY |
sed -e 's/DISPLAY=//')

When I run this in loop or run this piece of code manually, result is
ws001.ltsp:0, ws002.ltsp:0 and so forth - so it's OK.

Go to the next line:

XAUTHORITY=$(cat /proc/${PID}/environ | tr '\0' '\n' | grep XAUTH |
sed -e 's/XAUTHORITY=//')

And result of this line is empty :( I've checked 'cat /proc/${PID}/environ',
there is no XAUTHORITY entry - why? How can I fix it?

PS. Wall is simple and OK, but messages generated by this tool are quite rude
for my users ;)
--
Tomasz Lewicki
PGP key: http://stalker.republika.pl/stalker.asc