En/na Petri Ala-Louvesniemi ha escrit:
> Hello everyone!
>

> I have been trying to setup an edubuntu thin client environment in the school
> I'm working. "at the moment"
>

> The computer I'm using as a server is: Dell Poweredge 2500, it has two
> 1 Gigahertz processors, about 2 Gigabits of memory and two network
> cards. The cards are: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9 Ethernet pro 100 and
> 3Com 3c905B 100BaseTX [Cyclone].
>
> I'm using Intel's card to connect to internet and 3Com to share ip's for thin
> clients through a router.
>

> The thin client
> I'm using to test the environment has: 2,5 Gigahertz AMD processor and
> 1,024 memory. It has ASUS A8N SLI motherboard with integrated NIC, NIC is
> NVidias
> nForce Networking controller.
>

> I've installed Edubuntu 7.10 on the server and modified the dhcpd.conf file.
>
> Then I run the thin client and get this message at boot:
>

>           [17179570.788000] ACPI; Getting cpuindex for acpiid 0x1
>
>           ipconfig; eth0: SIOCGIFINDEX: No such device
>
>           ipconfig: no devices to configure
>
>           /init: .: 1: Can't open /tmp/net-eth0.conf
>
>           [17179571.112000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill
> init!
>

> I'm still quite an amateur with Ubuntu, I've worked with it only for a
> couple of months so please, make your explanation as simple as
> possible. Thanks!
> Lataa 30 ILMAISTA hymiötä Windows Live Messengeriisi!
> http://www.livemessenger-emoticons.com/fi-fi/

It seems like it doesn't detects the thin client's network card. You
should add the module for your network card into the thin client initrd.
I do it like this:

$ sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
edit /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and add the name of the network's module.
# update-initramfs
# exit
$ sudo ltsp-update-image

Now the thin client should detect the network card and boot normally.

Cheers,
Àlex