On 21/12/2007, Joseph Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What OS? under Ubuntu you can assign dhcpd interface in file
> > /etc/default/dhcp3-server
>
> Thanks, I need to look into DNS further but my actual problem is a
> little more low-level.

Okay since you would not answer which OS the problem is not going to
get solved. For instance if you are using Ubuntu you need package
tft-hpa rather that tftp ...so again which OS?

> The single problem I have at present is that the client cannot get the
> physical address of the server via an ARP request. I have tried to
> connect another client to check this and the same happens.

If you system is not setup properly changing clients wont help
(although some clients need tweaking to wrk vis others)

> Who/what is blocking the arp request. Why is the server not responding.

See above. Describe the problem in bit more detail so that other may
help you.What is the error message? Again which version of linux is
important to tell you t run tail on /var/log/messages or
/car/log/syslog.....

> If I can't solve this issue then LTSP is not going to work and I will
> probably go back to Vista :(. Please don't let that happen.

Your decision buddy. We are all here to help but you need to be
willing to work your part.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar