Hi Oliver,

>> Although, with some quick twicking you can easily go back to the
>> standard X/XDMCP way and forget about SSH. This way you'll be able to
>> configure your ssh server the way you want.
> note that none of the features (localdev, sound) will work with XDMCP
> though they require the ssh tunnel to be in place for security...

actually X cookie authentication is possible with ltspfs and esd (at
least in my custom setup, which is somewhere in between ltsp4.2 and
ltsp5, :-). So no problem on this side. However I think tunneling is the
only option for securising pulseaudio (it feels good to have sound in
sync with youtube video :-p

Cheers,

Denis

> ciao