On 19 Feb at 23:03 jam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Wednesday 20 February 2008 03:52:51
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > LTSP-5 under Debian Etch:
>>
> > I thought it would be a clever idea to upgrade inetd to xinetd, and in
> > general that was successful. This may be a red herring.
>>
> > However, my LTSP terminals are now failing to start.
>
> I use xinet on ubuntu and appart from a little fiddling to get the nbd
> service under xinet it worked fine before and after the xinet change.
> (/etc/xinet.d/nbd) James
[snip]

Thanks, James, whilst that's reassuring, I had no doubt that it would be the
case :)

It turned out that NFS wasn't running, so after restoring inetd and
rebooting, things came up as before.

Perhaps you could send me (privately) a copy of your /etc/xinetd.d please?
It would be a great help.

Cheers,
--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Buckinghamshire, England