debian etch + backports
LTSP debian package ltsp-server-5.0.40
client eth = 3com PCI
======================================

Hi list,

I'm trying to have LTSP working, but the result is odd:
the client can have an IP address, it boots the kernel (not PXE), and then I
get the *server* lilo screen, and stucked
(shows a delay of 9 sec, but real delay is 13 sec).

As I don't have enough room on my system, I use a raid1 partition mounted
on /RAID1; for my LTSP tests, I just export /RAID1/OPT/ltsp/i386 as the root
system, and tftp-hpa is pointing to /RAID1/OPT/ltsp/i386/boot.

/RAID1/OPT/ltsp/i386/etc/ltsp_chroot contains:
LTSP_CHROOT=/RAID1/OPT/ltsp/i386

/etc/ltsp.conf contains:
LTSP_DIR=/RAID1/OPT/ltsp/i386
PKG_SOURCE=http://ltsp.mirrors.tds.net/pub/ltsp/ltsp-4.2/
HTTP_PROXY=none
FTP_PROXY=none
LTSP_ETH_INTERFACE=eth0
DISABLE_CONSOLE_X=N

What I understand is LTSP doesn't made a chroot in its directory,
but I can't figure out why.

JY
--
Sigmund's wife wore Freudian slips.