Hi Patrick,

Patrick Rady schrieb:
> I have found that there are certain conditions where acroread plug-in
> in Firefox will result in CPU being gobbled by rogue  ld-linux.so.2
> processes. I got around this- after some research by installing lsb on
> the afflicted machine.
>
> This link refers to the problem:
>
> http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?14@@.3bbf42f7.3c05a62b/4
This sounds interesting. When I get this slow motion condition the next
time, I'll search for
ld-linux.so.2 processes.

Are you also running Feodora Core 8? - Because these guys in the forum
have this problem apparently only under Feodora. - The question is,
whether it applies for Debian Etch, too.

But interestingly I mostly open PDF files from thunderbird and not from
firfox, and afaik acroread is then started directly without
nspluginwrapper or other wrappers.

Thanks again!

Stefan.

--