On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Asmo Koskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Asus Eee PC works with openSUSE 11 (LTSP5)

All thanks to the maintainers of this openSUSE Build Service repository:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/appleonkel:/EEE/openSUSE_11.0/

Everything required to run openSUSE 11.0 on EE is in one place, all I
had to do was drop in three kmp in our initrd to get it going.

While you are into movie making mood, could you make one for the entire process?

Starting with 1-click install of kiwi-ltsp-prebuilt package,
configuring /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp via YaST sysconfig editor, and
running kiwi-ltsp-setup -c. This will demonstrate how easy it is to
set up LTSP5 on openSUSE :)

If you are using EE as a client copy new initrd to /srv/tftpboot/boot
(you do not have to run kiwi-ltsp-setup after doing that, in fact we
dont run that unless we change something in /etc/sysconfig/kiwi-ltsp).

> Screenshot -
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Asus_eee/Asus_eee_LTSP5_openSUSE_01.png
>
> Server and client -
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Asus_eee/Asus_eee_LTSP5_openSUSE_02.png