Peter Stein wrote:
> dear ltsp-users,
>
> due to the bug in the Debian Linux-image package I can't build a clean
> ltsp-env anymore. So I tried to set up one on a Ubuntu system.
> However, I copied it and the kernel is loaded and everything looks
> pretty good.
> To start ldm and to create the log files /tmp and /var should be
> mounted r/w. But unfortunately that doesn't happen. Is NFS responsible
> for doing so? The reason might be: The server actually runs Debian
> Etch. So tftp and nfs still have the old configuration. Is there any
> difference between a ltsp-env with Ubuntu or Debian arch?

Yes, there's some differences.  The biggest one is that Ubuntu uses NBD
for the root filesystem, where Debian uses NFS.

There's a  way to tell the Ubuntu client image to use NFS, but I'm
afraid I don't know what the magic option is to make that work.

Try popping into the #ltsp IRC channel on irc.freenode.net and look for
ogra or vagrantc.  Ogra's the Ubuntu LTSP developer and Vagrantc is the
Debian LTSP developer.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]