I am unable to get activity on my (RTL8139) eth1 nic card. My primary
(onboard) nic (eth0) connects (static address) to my local lan network.
My second nic card is assigned to LTSP. The interfaces eth0 and eth1
appear in ifconfig. My OS (Ubuntu 8.04LTS-64bit) "sees" the second card
and reports it via "network-admin".

My system is:
        Intel MB DG35EC
        Intel Q6600
        primary nic is onboard 10/100/1000 (Intel 82566DC)
        secondary nic is RTL8139 (occupies only PCI interface on MB)

Thinking I had a bad RTL8139, I tried a different RTL8139.

Still no LED activity (on back of computer) on eth1.

Now, I realize this is not a LTSP issue, but I am not sure what to try
next. Any suggestions?