> Hello Community
>
> Thanks to all the hard work done by the developers at the LTSP
> hackfest we now have local apps support out of box.
>
> KIWI-LTSP 0.4.4 now has these additional features apart from live
> USB/CD client images:
>
> - Firefox installed in the client chroot so the more resource
> intensive load can be run using clients hardware.
>   To launch local firefox, run "xrexec /usr/bin/firefox"
>
> - Improved kiwi-ltsp-bootimages package with eepc support fixed
>
> I am happy to also share that Easy-LTSP - GUI tool for managing ltsp
> is now almost complete, packages for openSUSE and Fedora are already
> available, we need someone to debianize it.
>
> Here is the transcript of the meeting we had yesterday:
> http://forgeftp.novell.com/kiwi-ltsp/ltsp-gui-meeting-08-aug.txt
>
> More information in Easy-LTSP - openSUSE Google Summer of Code project
> can be found here:
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Easy-LTSP
>
> We have restructured wiki to make it easier to get all the information
> required, check it out here for installation and other information:
> http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP
>
> Add-on iso is also available for openSUSE 11.0 if you prefer off-line
> installation instead of via 1-click:
> http://forgeftp.novell.com/kiwi-ltsp/iso
>
> Have a lot of fun...
>
> -J

Hi Cyberorg and all others on the list :-)

- G R E A T work!
- have now installed 3 kiwi-ltsp networks, all like a breeze.

- am about to do the 4th. next week, a network originally meant to be
run with semi-fat clients with a central NIS and NFS home-dirs.

- with the advent of the new localapps kiwi-ltsp, things look
different...i.e. Firefox may now run on the client hw (which is quite
powerfull anyhow). This will allow for YouTube in high quality and so.

I read: To launch local firefox, run "xrexec /usr/bin/firefox"

- eh, where? Do I create a desktop link to said command on every users
desktop? If so, that's a piece of cake - but one with tremendous impact!

- Thank you for your answers in advance!