Hey folks,

I'm not sure exactly where to send this message, as I'm at a loss as to
what's going on. I'll throw a line out anyway.

We're running LTSP 4.2 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.1 (IceWM/GNOME), and
we're using Firefox 3.0.1 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.16. We seem to be
completely unable to open links from Thunderbird into Firefox (or any
browser).

Our user preferences look like:
|user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp",
"/usr/lib/||firefox-3.0.1||/openlink.sh");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http",
"/usr/lib/||firefox-3.0.1||/openlink.sh");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https",
"/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/openlink.sh");

and our "openlink.sh" looks like:
-----------------
||#!/bin/sh

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1"

url="$1"
if [ "x$url" = "x" ]; then
url="about:blank"
fi

if $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/mozilla-xremote-client openURL\("$url, new-tab"\);
then
exit 0
fi
exec $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/firefox "$url"
------------------

Steps I've taken to narrow down the issue include:

Re-installing Thunderbird from scratch, with no custom configurations.
Installing older versions of Thunderbird, with no custom configurations.
Installing older versions of Firefox, with no custom configurations.
chmod +rwx /usr/lib/thunderbird-2.0.0.16/*
chmod +rwx /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/*

Things of note:

Firefox "mailto:"; links work properly in Thunderbird.

--

Ryan Stepalavich
Linux & Windows Administrator