2008/9/3 Asmo Koskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Sean Carte kirjoitti:
>> I'm trying to get a StarBox SB 800 working with LTSP 5 (on Ubuntu
>> 8.04), but it just displays a flashing underscore.
>
> Maybe this help? It is Geode based?

Hi Asmo

Yes, it is Geode based.

> http://q-funk.blogspot.com/2008/06/howto-make-geode-thin-clients-work-on.html

I followed those instructions (included below), but nothing's changed.
I tried setting XSERVER=auto again, but that didn't make any
difference either.

#
Upgrade the packages in the LTSP chroot

First become root:
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386

Then add the repository, update and upgrade:

echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/q-funk/ubuntu hardy main" >>
/etc/apt/sources.list

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get clean

APT will inform you that some packages cannot be authenticated. This
is normal, since the PPA is not digitally signed. Simply answer Yes.
#
Purge the transitional AMD driver
apt-get --purge remove xserver-xorg-video-amd

Then, exit the chroot:

exit

#
Update the LTSP boot image

sudo ltsp-update-image

On a 64-bit server, the correct command is:

sudo ltsp-update-image --arch=i386

Sean
--
Sean Carte