I need to change the scripts/nfs within the initrd image (I never got
LTSP to work with the DHCP server different than the NFS server
without modifying this file).

However on the newer systems (Ubuntu lenny) I can't seem to be able
to create a working initrd.

To extract the contents I am using:

  mkdir it
  cd it
  gzip -dc ../initrd.img | cpio -id

To create the new image I am using:

find . -depth -print | cpio -o -H newc | gzip -9 > ../initrd.img

When I do this the kernel freezes right after getting the initrd.img
from the tftpboot server.

Alternatively I would like to update the actual files that
/usr/sbin/ltsp-update-kernels uses. But running it didn't seem
to include my changes when I use:
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/nfs

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alberto