On Saturday 06 December 2008 01:12:29 ltsp-discuss-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Anybody out there get a Wyse S10 to work with Edubuntu 8.04?
>
> I managed to get thin clients to work perfectly with Intel P4 PCs with 512K
> ram with no issues, but with the Wyse S10, I get 8 of the 10 progress bars
> to show up, and then the thin clients freeze. I have played with lts.conf
> as nauseum, with no luck.
>
> I would appreciate have the right entries in lts.conf, or any other
> suggestions, to make the Wyse S10 work. I am sitting on 8 of these puppies,
> I would have rather save them then have to get my kid's school to pay the
> price of 8 "refurbs" to replace them.

Start by removing the "splash quiet" options from the config file. I have not
got an ubuntu box infront of me so from memory:
/var//tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default

That will let you SEE what is happening during boot, so you can get an idea of
WHAT is hanging
James