On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I am running Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 LTS. I need to set global proxy settings for
> all users that log in. I would also like to change the default homepage
> settings. I can't find the correct config to edit. I googled it and found
> lots of info for previous versions, but it does not seem to apply to the
> current versions. Any advice?

Hi Scott,

One trick I tried was to create a user that would have the default settings
I want, then copy the dot files in his home directory to /etc/skel.

This way I could set the firefox proxy, for instance, to something, and all
new users created _after_ I created that user would also have their firefox
proxy set. It should also work for the default homepage, wall paper, gtk
theme, etc etc.