On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 09:34:07PM -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
> I just spent a lot of time troubleshooting some video resolution issues.  No
> matter what I did, I couldn't get my 17" CRT monitor to display better than
> 800x600 resolution.  I tried manually setting the resolution and forcing the
> vesa driver.  It turned out that my KVM switch was to blame, because when I
> hooked the monitor directly to the thin client it worked fine!

i recently encountered this issue, and basically found that i needed to specify
X_VERTREFRESH and X_HORZSYNC to appropriate values for the monitor in lts.conf,
and then it worked fine.

> I'm using LTSP 5 on Debian Lenny.  The thin client is a P3 with i810 video.

lately i've mostly been using the ltsp related packages from Debian
experimental, though i *think* it should work with the packages in lenny.

live well,
  vagrant