Hi Patrick,

On 1/20/2009 6:32 PM, Patrick Rady wrote:

> I have a server that has been upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04.1 64-bit.  Since
> the upgrade the restart/shutdown button in the lower-left corner of the
> login screens does not work.  You click it on any of the clients and
> nothing happens.

I've seen it where if a client is on across a server reboot then those
Restart and Shutdown options in LDM don't work on that particular client
until after the client has been rebooted (often by holding its power
button to turn it off).  So our rule of thumb is that a server reboot
necessitates client reboots.  Maybe that's what's going on for you.

Jason