On Monday 09 February 2009 22:28:53 ltsp-discuss-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net
wrote:

> > > I also get the same error. The server and client are both Virtualbox
> > > virtual machines, connected via network bridge to eth0. Normal LTSP
> > > works fine, but if I buld ltsp image with fatclient plugin I get the
> > > above error.
> > > Did anybody solved this issue?
> >
> > Despite all my RFM and trying I have not been able to get Virtualbox to
> > PXE boot so I can use it as a LTSP test client. What did you do ?
>
> I had trouble with that, too.  I ended up downloading an etherboot iso and
> having the virtual machine mount and boot off of that.

What I found works nicely is to
a) Build a VB thinclient with minimal hard disk (I used 4M)
b) get a gpxe image from http://www.rom-o-matic.net/
I got gpxe-0.9.6-pcnet32.lkrn
c) follow the wiki (lilo way)
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/BootingFromHarddrive

This gives a pxe boot (which is what I want for testing) that is sweet :-)
James