On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Michael Collins <linuxl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is possible and then there is correct.

possible:
Edit /etc/network/interfaces and create a device called eth1:0. Enter
all the relevant info as you would for a separate interface. This is
called an interface alias. "ifconfig eth1:0" commands will also work
on this virtual interface.

correct:
Interface aliasing can create security problems. In some situations it
can also wreak havoc with with the arp protocol and such. Is there a
reason your tc and fc can't be on the same subnet? I've never tried it
but I think there are those on this list who do things this way, the
ltsp server just acts as NAT router for the fc.

The other option if you want separate subnets is of course to add a
nic to the ltsp server.

db