Da: Chris Roberts [mailto:c...@tridentgarages.co.uk] Inviato: mercoledì 29 aprile 2009 10.29
A: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Oggetto: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] small chroot environement

On Tuesday 28 Apr 2009, ebarde...@iris-group.it wrote:
Hi, do you know how to create a small chroot environment for ltsp clients?
I have created the default one with ltsp-build-client but the i386.img
became 186 mb with xubuntu 9.04 and 150mb  with ubuntu 8.04.
thank you!

You don't usually install a full desktop environment in the chroot, which is
I think what you are trying to do. The client is only a means to an end (getting to LDM and thus to desktop environment on the server).

I think you're doing the "fat client" thing with ltsp, which isn't the norm,

although it will work I understand.

Register Now & Save for Velocity, the Web Performance & Operations Conference from O'Reilly Media. Velocity features a full day of expert-led, hands-on workshops and two days of sessions from industry leaders in dedicated Performance & Operations tracks. Use code vel09scf and Save an extra 15% before 5/3. http://p.sf.net/sfu/velocityconf