it 's OK with LDM_XSESSION = /etc/X11/xinit/Xsession !

I will try later with ldminfod.
I did not understand what ldminfod did.

thank you !

Antoine Migeon
Université de Bourgogne
Centre de Ressources Informatiques - Centre de Calcul

tel : 03 80 39 52 70
Site du CCUB : http://u-bourgogne.fr/cri-ccub

Vagrant Cascadian a écrit :
On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 04:58:43PM +0200, Antoine Migeon wrote:
I have LTSP 5, Debian Lenny (netinst without X).
I don't want my thin client connect to the LTSP server.
I have multiple SSH server (CentOS 5.2), and their ssh keys are in the know_host file in the thin client.
XDMCP work fine. DNS work fine. SSH work fine in shell/command line.

BUT when I logon with LDM, no desktop environnement is launched ! It display a black screen during 2 secondes and restart LDM !

which file is executed in the server ? Xclient ? Xsession ? where can I specified the desktop environnement ?

i'm guessing you need to install and configure ldminfod on the servers, so the
thin-clients know where to look for Xsession. alternately, you could specify
LDM_XSESSION in lts.conf, but then all your servers would have to have the same
Xsession file location. the default is to use whatever Xsession is present on
the client, if not told otherwise by ldminfod.

for debian, you'd just install the ldm-server package on each of your servers,
not sure if something similar is available for CentOS. you could manually
install ldminfod and then configure your inetd to point to it. fedora probably
has an example that should work for you.

live well,
  vagrant

Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july