On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:47:59PM +0300, Tuomo Kallio-Kokko wrote:
> I have ubuntu 8.04 ltsp-server with two different environment images
> (kiosk and normal desktop).
> Both are using nbd for filesystem.
> Normal desktop image is at port 2000 and kiosk image is at port 2001.
> Correct nbd port is given for pxe at
> /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default with nbdport-variable.
> If I update kiosk filesystem with "ltsp-update-image -b /opt/ltsp-kiosk"
> it'll changes the nbdport-variable of normal desktop  to 2001.
> This will cause normal desktop environment clients to boot to kiosk
> environment.

/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/* gets overwritten every time ltsp-update-kernels is
run, and only works with a single base directory.

rather than putting one image in one base directory, you'll need to use a
different chroot name, with the same base dir, otherwise there is no way to
distinguish which gets the /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386 directory. for example,
when creating the chroot:

  ltsp-build-client --base /opt/ltsp --chroot i386

and for your kiosk:

  ltsp-build-client --base /opt/ltsp --chroot i386-kiosk

this will generate /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386 and
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386-kiosk. you'll need to configure DHCP to decide
which are regular thin-clients and which are kiosks.

live well,
  vagrant