Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:
> Anton Vaaranmaa kirjoitti:
>
>> a) Is CUPS_SERVER set in lts.conf? If it is, then what is the value?

> I did not have this one? Where it is documented? Now I have it.

I don't remember where I found it :) I did some grep'ing for "cups" in
the files of the client root tree in order to find out what printer
related things Ltsp does at boot time :)

<snip>

> # HP Mini 2133
>
> [00:22:64:49:7f:f5]
> X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16
> LDM_DIRECTX = True
> LDM_USERNAME = guest001
> LDM_PASSWORD = edubuntu
>
> CUPS_SERVER = ubuntu-studio

I have the IP address there, but if your hosts files are in order I
guess you can go with the host name instead. I have this file in the
global section at the beginning of the lts.conf file.

>> b) Does the ubuntu-studio CUPS have different configuration than the
>> ltsp server (is CUPS shared on u-studio?)
>
> No. CUPS is shared.
>
>> c) What is printed out when you do "cat /etc/cups/client.conf" in the
>> shell on the thin client? (It should contain what you set as CUPS_SERVER)
>
> I changed this one.
>
> r...@ltsp200:~# cat /etc/cups/client.conf
> #ServerName 192.168.0.254
> ServerName ubuntu-studio
>
> And did have to add this manually.

The Ltsp startup script which are run when your client boots adds the
value of the CUPS_SERVER variable from lts.conf. I think you better not
change it manually(?)

> r...@ltsp200:~# cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 127.0.0.2 ltsp200
> 192.168.0.254 server
> #
> 192.168.1.101 ubuntu-studio
> 192.168.1.102 ubuntu-ltsp5

> I can now print from thin client to CUPS server (192.168.0.200 >
> 192.168.1.101).
>
> But I loose this all every time when thin client boots!!!

Probably because the file is always generated at boot time by ltsp, and
the CUPS_SERVER variable is the content inserted in to it.

--
Anton