I use a lot of Intel D945GSEJT motherboards as thin clients.  They
generally work well but by default the two MIC inputs (MIC and
FRONT_MIC) are cranked which adds a lot of white noise to the audio.

Here's my changes to turn off the MIC inputs:

1. In lts.conf add:

    MIC_VOLUME=0
    FRONT_MIC_VOLUME=0

2. FRONT_MIC_VOLUME isn't a standard lts.conf parameter so I added a
script in the chroot called /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.d/volume which contains:

# Set up local environment
if [ -f /etc/lts.conf ]; then
    eval `getltscfg -a`
fi

# Set troublesome volumes
if [ -n "$FRONT_MIC_VOLUME" ]; then
  amixer -c0 sset 'Front Mic',0 ${FRONT_MIC_VOLUME}% unmute 2>/dev/null
fi

3. In the chroot run:

chkconfig volume on

To enable the script at boot.