Hello,

I have a new LTSP setup with openoffice running at the server (ubuntu
9.10), and twinkle running on the thin client.

a.) If I right click the gnome deskptop and create an empty file and
then try to open it with Word from OpenOffice... then OpenOffice will
not startup ... it leaves a PID running and even if I log out of the
user and log in the PID (with the userid of the user) still remains
running.

Question: This one from an admin level is easy to take care off... I
would simply grep the users processes and kill the openoffice match.
Not practicla though. What is the best way to deal with this problem
or at least correctly kill it without hassle?

b.) Some users that use twinkle manage to crash it and make it quit.
When they try to start it again it complaints it cannot establish a
socket.. it is already in use... I have to go to the thin client and
do alt + ctrl + f2 and grep and kill the twinkle process for the user
to start it ok.

Question: How can the user kill that process by himself... else is it
possible for me to create a script that will kill this process RUNNING
ON THE THIN CLIENT?   What is the best way to deal with PIDs that
refuse to die even if i log off and log in... PIDS that run on the
thin client?

David