Hi Robert

I just added a comment with your doodle, but then realized, it might be
better to post a bit more along with this comment here:

A decent audio card is also important
An integrated linux-compatible webcam would be a nice feature
and an integrated VOIP-adapter with RJ11-port to be able to connect a
legacy analogue telephone would be just perfect!

As Voice over IP will probably get more and more standard for telephone
communication and many people still have an old telephone at home, this
would be a cheap and ecologically solution.

The webcam feature would be nice, but I think this might be a bit of a
tricky thing to design: maybe the easiest way would be, if you place the
client vertically and have the integrated webcam  at the top edge
similar to how it is integrated in a laptop.

Best wishes

Andreas

P.S. I agree with chrisjrob, that a good graphic card with enough
graphic memory - might be shared with the main memory if this is cheaper
- is one of the key properties, because when working with recycled old
computers as thin clients the graphic card normally is the only really
limiting factor.
Ram and CPU-Power normally is not important at all.

--
revamp-it
Vorübergehende Adresse ab 8.3.2010:

0041 43 960 32 64