On 11 September 2010 17:18, Andy Graybeal <andy.grayb...@casanueva.com> wrote:

> Doing this works great on my personal computer which also runs Ubuntu
> 10.04 (but not LTSP).  Getting this to work on LTSP server doesn't work
> at all... and I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly.  Actually, LTSP
> server doesn't run any screensaver what-so-ever, like for instance, it
> doesn't run the "Pictures Folder" screensaver (yes, I have pictures in
> my folder) nor does it run the "Cosmos" screensaver.  The LTSP server
> just blanks the screen.  To be verbose, I'm doing this work on the
> clients, not the server itself.

I haven't been able to run any screensaver on the cliients either. I
came across this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/18595

which seems to imply that gnome-screensaver will ignore any settings
and only blank when LTSP_CLIENT is set. But as far as I can tell
LTSP_CLIENT is not set.

(I'm also using Ubuntu 10.04.)

Sean
--