On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 13:51, Vagrant Cascadian <vagr...@freegeek.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 09:37:00AM +0200, Martin Gabel wrote:
> > I have a problem with the LDM Language. The Login Options are all in
> > english but the Keyboard Layout is german. The parameter LDM_LANGUAGE
> > seems not working.
>
> it's a little confusing, but LDM_LANGUAGE sets the locale for the logged in
> session, not for LDM itself. if you want it to use a different language for
> LDM's user interface, add to lts.conf:
>
>  LANG=en_US

I tried that, I need to change a LTSP LDM login screen to French from
English.

First I installed the packages (Ubuntu) language-pack-fr
and language-pack-gnome-fr and language-support-fr

Then in lts.conf I added LANG=fr_CA (for French Canadian) and also tried
LANG=fr_FR

It does not work. The login screen still says "Username" and "Preferences"
as normal.

Has anyone been able to get this working? Is there a way to define the
language when running ltsp-build-client? I see it has a flag of "--locale"
but have not tried it, just saw it now.