Am 17.11.2010 08:46, schrieb Rolf-Werner Eilert:
> Am 17.11.2010 01:13, schrieb sm8ps-ltsp...@yahoo.com:
>> Hello all!
>>

> Hello Stefan,
>

>> I would like to use LTSP specifically for exam settings in an introductory
>> computer science class. The students have learned some basic system
>
>> My goal is to have the students work individually on one and the same
>> (LTSP-)server without means of communication or file-sharing, just as if they
>> were working on individual machines without any connectivity. Googling did
>> not
>
> Basically, that is what it should be by default. You can make sure they
> cannot peek into each others' $homes by chmod 700. This is what I did
> here. Maybe your distribution has already done it anyway.

Yes, but they can change it back to 777 easily.
chown root, chmod 070 should do it, as Stefan has suggested.

Then, you have the world-writeable directories /tmp, /dev/shm and
probably others ( `find / -perm -o+w` to find all ).

For /tmp, chmod 000 and set TMPDIR=/home/$user/tmp
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMPDIR ) in the session init (
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/ ?)

Making /dev/shm unreadable will kill pulseaudio, but well.

What about the wall command? Probably chmod g-w /dev/pts/* will do it
(in a loop !), haven't tested.

Lots of corner cases... Probably fat clients as suggested by Alkis would
be easier in the end.

Jakob