Hi,

I am a teacher at a secondary school in Germany and I am responsible for the IT. I just set up an edubuntu (11.04) with LTSP to test if this would be an alternative to the existing infrastructure. So the first impression is awesome, nearly everything works out of the box - authentication using an existing LDAP database, mounting of of the home directories ... great.

But there is a little problem: In our test environment we have low end thin client hardware and the default session is unity. Installing LXDE on the server works fine and now I have the choice to start LXDE or unity - on the server and on the clients. For the daily use by the students I would like to set LXDE as default. I tried to adjust the lts.conf file but nothing changed.

Best regards
Martin

--
Martin Schulze

Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument
http://de.windows7sins.org