On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 02:01:38AM -1000, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> I am attempting to fix ltspfs on EL6.  I am comparing the contents of
> my ltspfs and ltspfsd packages to the Debian packages and I am
> confused by things I see in the filelists below.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/ltspfsd/filelist
> /lib/udev/rules.d/60-ltspfsd.rules
>
> Is this file the 88-ltspfsd.rules as installed by make install, except
> the Debian package renames it for some some ordering issue?

yes, although not explicitly renumbered- 60 is the default priority for udev
rules on debian, and it works fine there for debian at least.

> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/ltspfsd-core/filelist
> /lib/udev/add_fstab_entry
> /lib/udev/remove_fstab_entry
>
> My ltspfsd package has everything listed here except these two files.
> Where do these files come from?

they're compatibility symlinks from before they were merged into ltspfs_entry.
they should probably be treated as deprecated.

> I have latest trunk of ltsp, ltspfs and ldm on the server and client.
> Currently it appears nothing happens when I insert a USB storage
> device into a logged in client that is sitting on the GNOME2 desktop.
> The client hardware recognizes the new device and emumerates it as
> /dev/sdb, but nothing else appears to happen and nothing shows up in
> the logs.

have you gone through the steps at: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugLocalDev

obviously, you'll have to use the redhat counterparts to some ubuntu-specific
commands, but hopefully you get the idea.

live well,
  vagrant