Στις 04-07-2011, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 18:29 -0600, ο/η David Burgess
έγραψε:
> Interesting. Now that /home is mounted via nfs I don't see ssh or
> sshfs in the processes list during bulk transfers. For example 'dd
> if=/dev/nbd0 of=/dev/null' now produces nearly double the network
> throughput. The client CPU is still the limiting factor here, but
> nbdproxy is the biggest hog, and less of a hog than ssh and sshfs were
> previously.

sshfs (which uses ssh) is used by default for mounting the user home
directories when localapps or fat clients are used.
That's because it's secure and easy (no server configuration needed).
If you specify NFS_HOME, then sshfs automatically gets disabled.

You're right about the nbd-proxy CPU usage, it's one of the reasons we
decided against using it in our computer labs here. Nbd-proxy is only
installed by default in Lucid/Maverick, to remove it see comment #13 in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ltsp/+bug/589034

> Too bad for me. Is there a way to hack in user switching support (for
> dummies)? Can I use something other than LDM to get this
> functionality?

I can't think of an easy way to do it currently, apart from installing
GDM in the chroot and also configuring the chroot to use LDAP.
You'd lose all functionality provided by LDM, though.

When sbalneav finishes implementing his pam_sshauth library, you should
be able to do it with the stock login managers (LightDM, GDM etc)
without configuring anything.