Le vendredi 4 novembre 2011 15:49:15 relosrl, vous avez écrit :
> Now I'm sure the graphics card is properly configured. But I have big
> problems with kwin performance. The programs work well and quickly (eg
> Firefox), the window manager is a disastrously. Very slow and several
> artifacts. The server is a HP585 + 4X2800 + 8GB RAM, clients are celeron
> 700 with 512 MB ​​RAM and Radeon 9000. What can I do to understand where
> is the problem?
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/schermata1hia.png/

The problem comes from KDE's Oxygen theme which use a lot of network bandwith.
Here after changing style, windows decoration and desktop theme, every
artifacts dispeared.
I've also changed several other things to use KDE 4 with my LTSP network at a
reasonable speed. Below is my memo list and some of my config files (can't
access everything at the moment).

Hope this help
xavier

Remove graphics artifacts
1. Change desktop theme to "opaquity" desktop (no transparency)
install theme in /usr/local/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/opaquity
and symlink /usr/share/kde4/apps/desktoptheme/opaquity
2. Use Tabstrip kwin style
3. Use Kde legacy cursorTheme
4. Use Phase style (without gradients)

Prevent fat xsession-errors
run kdebugdialog -> deselect all -> apply
this should stop errors being saved in .xsession-errors
or add DisableAll=false in file .kde/share/config/kdebugrc

Kwin desktop effects
force kwin to not verify OpenGL lib (bug since KDE 4.5.1 with radeon)
OpenGLIsUnsafe" should be "false" (if true this marks a detected crash due to
broken drivers while attempting to set opengl and prevent further crashes by
skipping such tests). See
http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3113529.msg240826#msg240826
and follow the links towards kde bugzilla and Martin Graesslin's blog (kwin
developer). Change config file with
kwriteconfig --file kwinrc --group Compositing --key OpenGLIsUnsafe false

Use the raster engine to accelerate rendering
One should install a software rasterizer and export QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM=raster
To achieve this , install package libgl1-mesa-swx11 which is a library
providing a pure software rasterizer and create the file
~/.kde/share/env/QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM.sh containing QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM=raster
Note that this has nothing to do with kwin effects or compositing opengl.

Supress xsession-errors qalculate
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/xavier/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml"
install qalculate-gtk, launch it and accept update of changes rates
check that ~/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml is not empty or update changes
rate again. Then copy file in /etc/skel/.qalculate/eurofxref-daily.xml

Use Nepomuk with virtusoso backend.

Don't disable Nepomuk, but Strigi
Akonadi uses Nepomuk for searching information stored in it. The file indexer
(Strigi) is not required. From Ivan Kucik (Lancelot menu author):
 Nepomuk =/= desktop search
 Nepomuk does provide desktop search (via Strigi) amongst other things.
Desktop search can be disabled.
 Nepomuk is required for things to work properly - and with every version of
KDE SC, more things will need it.

Do disable unused Nepomuk modules.

Column mode in Dolphin is slower than other modes. Need to write dolphin config
file in /etc/kde and lock column mode with [$i].

Config files in alphabetical order
[$i] and [$e] lock things or expand variables. See kde sysadmin doc.
My locked config files goes in default KDEDIRS (/etc/kde4 in Debian) or in
/etc/skel. Don't ask me why, but I remember that some are only working (at
least for me) in /etc/skel

in KDEDIRS /etc/kde4
kcminputrc:
[Mouse]

Acceleration=1.2

MouseButtonMapping=RightHanded

ReverseScrollPolarity=false

Threshold=4

cursorTheme=#kde_legacy#

kdedrc:
[Module-device_automounter]

autoload=true

[Module-freespacenotifier]

autoload=false

[Module-keyboard]

autoload=true

[Module-khotkeys]

autoload=true

[Module-kmixd]

autoload=true

[Module-ktimezoned]

autoload=true

[Module-kwrited]

autoload=false

[Module-nepomuksearchmodule]

autoload=false

[Module-networkstatus]

autoload=true

[Module-powerdevil]

autoload=false

[Module-randrmonitor]

autoload=false

[Module-remotedirnotify]

autoload=true

[Module-solidautoeject]

autoload=true

[Module-statusnotifierwatcher]

autoload=true

kickoffrc:
[Favorites]

FavoriteURLs=/usr/share/applications/kde4/konqbrowser.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/systemsettings.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop,/usr/share/a
pplications/iceweasel.desktop

[KRunner]

loadAll=false

[KRunner][PlasmaRunnerManager]

pluginWhiteList=places,shell,services,bookmarks,recentdocuments,locations

korgarc:
[General]

Autostart=false

Enabled=false

krunnerrc:
[Plugins]

CharacterRunnerEnabled=false

PowerDevilEnabled=false

audioplayercontrolEnabled=false

bookmarksEnabled=true

browserhistoryEnabled=true

calculatorEnabled=true

desktopsessionsEnabled=false

kabccontactsEnabled=true

katesessionsEnabled=true

killEnabled=false

konquerorsessionsEnabled=false

konsolesessionsEnabled=false

kopete_runnerEnabled=true

krunner_spellcheckEnabled=false

locationsEnabled=true

nepomuksearchEnabled=false

org.kde.datetimeEnabled=false

org.kde.events_runnerEnabled=true

org.kde.windowedwidgetsEnabled=false

placesEnabled=true

plasma-desktopEnabled=false

recentdocumentsEnabled=true

servicesEnabled=true

shellEnabled=true

solidEnabled=false

techbaseEnabled=false

unitconverterEnabled=true

webshortcutsEnabled=true

wikipediaEnabled=false

wikitravelEnabled=false

windowsEnabled=false

ksmserverrc:
[General]

confirmLogout=true

excludeApps=

loginMode=restorePreviousLogout

offerShutdown=false

screenCount=1

shutdownType=0

ksplashrc:
[KSplash][$i]

Engine=Simple

Theme=Simple

kwinrc:
[Desktops]

Name_1=

Name_2=

Name_3=

Name_4=

Number=1

[TabBox]

ListMode=0

ShowTabBox=true

[Windows]

IgnoreFocusStealingClasses=kio_uiserver

[Compositing][$i]

CheckIsSafe=true

DisableChecks=false

Enabled=false

[Style]

BorderSize=1

ButtonsOnLeft[$i]=M

ButtonsOnRight=HIA__X

CustomButtonPositions=false

PluginLib[$i]=kwin3_tabstrip

ShowToolTips=true

nepomukserverrc:
[$i]

[Basic Settings]

Start Nepomuk=false

[Service-nepomukmigration1]

autostart=false

[Service-nepomukstrigiservice]

autostart=false

[main Settings]

Maximum memory=30

Storage Dir[$e]=$HOME/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/

Used Soprano Backend=virtuosobackend

plasmarc:
[PlasmaToolTips]

Delay[$i]=-1