15.11.2011 14:13, Jay Goldberg kirjoitti:
> Hi Christoffer, thanks for the reply. I actually linked that article in my
> message, basically I'm looking for solutions to use the same chroot for
> both NVidia and non-NVidia clients rather than building and maintaining two.

Here is a story behind that howto.

http://www.mail-archive.com/edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com/msg05553.html

And then I did try something else.

http://www.mail-archive.com/edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com/msg06456.html

But after all I think you need different chroot for different
hardware/drivers/architecture?

ps. How about these new ARM-based boxes, those can do all most anything,
but they do not PXE (yet)?

"The project, would be to test and fix the use of the existing ARM port
of Ubuntu on thin clients. The part requiring the most work would
probably be having some PXE-like boot process that'd work as-is on a
regular LTSP network, then making sure other features work as expected
(X, sound support, external devices)."

http://www.powerdeveloper.org/project/imx515/799

Thin Client - 25£!?

http://armdevices.net/2011/05/06/25-arm-powered-desktop-presented-by-raspberry-pi-foundation/