On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Gideon Romm
<l...@symbio-technologies.com> wrote:

> ALSO specify the two that we used to add in by default (-f -u '').

-f is working for me, thanks.

On a related note, I'm not sure how to get the -u option working with
a null value. In prior versions of Ubuntu/LTSP I specified my domain
in rdesktop options with a -dDomain, and the client would connect to
the 2008R2 server with the username and password fields blank.

Now in Ubuntu 11.10 the server presents a logon screen with two icons,
"Domain/root" and "Other user". I suspect the now missing -u'' option
is making the difference, but I haven't succeeded in putting that
option back in. I've tried:

-u
-u'' (two single quotes
-u'''' (four single quotes)
-u ' '
-u \' \'
-u \" \"

All of the above result in a black screen with just a mouse pointer,
signifying a non-start for rdesktop.

This one:

 -u \" \" (double double)

results in a connection to the RDP server with the -d and -u options
having no effect.

This one:

-u"" (double doube)

results in a prefill of Domain\y. I can't begin to imagine how that comes out.

Could somebody please point out the (likely obvious) answer to passing
a null user to the RDP server, or whatever is required to have it
prefill the domain but not the user field when connecting?

Muchas gracias de Canada

db