Στις 02-01-2012, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 11:29 -0500, ο/η Todd O'Bryan
έγραψε:
> You'd also be able to install a new program or make a tweak without
> having to rebuild the image and restart the clients, wouldn't you?

Not to my knowledge. Run `dpkg -L firefox` and see where the "firefox"
package puts its files. All over the file system. I don't think there's
any easy way to expose all those directories to the clients, AND to
rebuild any icon/menu/whatever caches dynamically, etc etc.
Maybe the /usr/local/* dirs can be utilized for this, but I doubt it
would be painless.

> I also still haven't figured out a good way to install/update programs
> that use a GUI installer/update. Especially annoying are Eclipse
> plugins

If they're per-user plugins, they get installed
in /home/username/.something, so you just install them normally from a
user account.
If they're per-system plugins, and no .deb packages exist for them, just
mount --bind whatever dirs you need from the server to your chroot, and
run that program while chrooted. You do have X access there, I don't
suppose eclipse requires anything more fancy like system dbus to install
plugins, does it?

For the future, it is planned that LTSP chroots will be bootable
read-write from a client or from a virtual machines, so that one can
administer the chroot graphically (e.g. with virtualbox).