Hello,

I'm trying to setup blackberry sync'ing with Evolution on a LTSP client.
It works on the server.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64bit on the server and here are the instructions
I've followed to get the server working:

1. Install stuff
$ sudo apt-get install libopensync0 multisync-tools libbarry0
opensync-plugin-evolution opensync-plugin-barry
$ msynctool --addgroup BB
$ msynctool --addmember BB barry-sync
$ msynctool --addmember BB evo2-sync
$ msynctool --showgroup BB

2. Find PIN number on phone and entered it in to the config
$ msynctool --configure BB 1

3. Syncing
$ msynctool --sync BB

This all works but it's no good as the user logs into their thin client
not the server.

Running the same steps on the client I get the error:
: Synchronizing group "BBtofile"
: Unable to connect
: Error while synchronizing: Unable to open fifo

At first I thought this would be a USB issue, as I was plugging the
device into the client and using a server side program. So I installed
the following into my thin client image, rebuilt it and rebooted the client:
# apt-get install libopensync0 multisync-tools libbarry0
opensync-plugin-evolution opensync-plugin-barry barry-util multisync0.90

On the client after reboot I tried the following command
$ ltsp-localapps xterm

within xterm
$ msynctool --sync BB

I get the same error!

So I tried btool
$ btool -M
btool displays ContactLdif Mapping information, so it's seeing the device.

If I unplug the device and type btool -M it tells me 'No device found'

So I'm close but I don't know why I cannot get the sync working.

Michael Pope