Hello all. I have a strange problem at one of my LTSP sites. When
printing from an application that uses the default GTK print dialogue
there is a 10 second or so delay for the available printers to appear.
There is no delay when printing from OpenOffice or Acrobat. The
applications we've noticed this delay on tend to be evince, Mozilla
based programs, etc.

When I remove the Listen in the CUPS print server (also the
LTSP/DHCP/TFTPD/DNS/LDAP server) local socket in cupsd.conf the delay
goes away, but this causes OpenOffice's print dialogue's printer list to
be empty on the first print attempt, partially filled on the second and
full on the third print attempt.

The LTSP install is Debian Squeeze from a Debian Squeeze install serving
i386. NFS roots, nbd swap.

If anyone needs more information or has any questions about the setup or
has any idea about what may be causing this, please let me know.

Cheers,
lance