By default, X_COLOR_DEPTH is 32 for thin clients, which means that a
320x240 youtube video needs 73.728.000 bps bandwidth (30 fps, 32 bpp).

Setting X_COLOR_DEPTH=16 for thin clients makes that video need exactly
half the bandwidth, i.e. 36.864.000 bps.

Of course that doesn't only affect videos. Any thin clients screen
updates need half the bandwidth with X_COLOR_DEPTH=16.

Less bandwidth means faster responses, less CPU usage (especially with
the default LDM_DIRECTX=False), and support for more clients with the
same CPU/LAN constrains.

So I propose a change in upstream LTSP to set X_COLOR_DEPTH=16 by
default, if:
  * LTSP_FATCLIENT is not set (fat clients would still default to 32),
  * LOCAL_APPS_MENU is not set (so 32 for localapps browsers too),
  * X_COLOR_DEPTH is not set at all (so X_COLOR_DEPTH="" in lts.conf
    reverts to the old behavior).

Is that what most LTSP users would like? Comments, please... :)

If not, then I'll implement an X_COLOR_DEPTH=auto instead, which would
give the above behavior (16 on thins, 32 on fats/localapps) only when
requested from lts.conf.