Στις 27/03/2012 09:34 πμ, ο/η Ben Green έγραψε:
> Almost definitely, unless it's a really old LCD one. You can see the
> difference even from the default LDM login screen. At 16-bit, the blue
> background is noticeably barred with distinct colour bands.

$ file /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/ltsp/bg.png
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/ltsp/bg.png:
PNG image data, 640 x 480, 8-bit/color RGBA, non-interlaced

The blue LDM background only has 256 colors, i.e. 8 bpp, in order to be
< 4k size, that's why it appears banded no matter your display color
depth. It would make no difference at all if you displayed it in 8 bpp,
15/16 bpp, or 24/32 bpp displays.

Also note that its small 640x480 resolution and bad gtk dithering made
the matters worse; we increased its resolution to 1024x768 in latest
versions, it should display a bit better now.

In other words, don't use the ldm theme to judge the difference between
16 bpp and 32 bpp. Login, open some photo or video, and check there.
There is a difference, but it should be barely noticable.