I'm still testing Ubuntu 12.04 with LTSP and I have run into an issue
that is baffling me. When I use a small lts.conf with only a default
section, my test virtual client boots fine and connect to a Windows
server via xfreerdp as expected. When I copy a bunch of host sections
over from a working lts.conf on a 11.10 system, the test client does
not finish booting. It doesn't even matter if one of the host sections
matches the MAC address of the virtual client; in the case where there
is no section for the test client I would expect it to boot using the
default options, but it does not completely boot.

Here is my default section:

[default]
TIMESERVER=172.21.35.0
SHUTDOWN_TIME=17:30:00
SCREEN_07=xfreerdp
RDP_OPTIONS=--ignore-certificate --no-nla -d gprc -a 32 -f -x l
RDP_SERVER=172.21.34.1
#RDP_OPTIONS="-dGPRC -rdisk:usbdisk=/media/root -rsound:local -f -a24 -xl -u ''"
KEEP_SYSTEM_SERVICES=acpid ureadahead ureadahead-other
X_BLANKING=300
XINITRC_PROMPT_ON_EXIT=True
SOUND=False
RCFILE_01=/etc/ltsp/timeset

As I said, if my lts.conf consists only of this, the client boots and
connects to the RDP server, but if I add a bunch of sections like
this:

[classroom]
SHUTDOWN_TIME=18:00:00
X_MODE_0=1920x1080
XRANDR_DISABLE=True

[70:71:bc:dc:fa:32]
LIKE=opet
HOSTNAME=TAG2011192

then the client doesn't complete booting, although I can ssh into it.
My lts.conf file is 487 lines and contains 10 group sections and ~100
host sections. I will try reducing it by steps to see if I can find
the offending section.

I'm not sure if I can attach a graphic, so I will attempt to include a
screen shot of the client while stuck.

db