On 10/08/2012, at 7:06 AM, ltsp-discuss-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

>>> What vagrant said is true, however you can run earlier versions of LTSP
>>> on later versions of Fedora.  I'm pretty sure I've got a working
>>> installation on Fedora 16 on one of my home systems.
>>>
>>> The highlights of how to do it are:
>>> 1) Install k12linux-release from http://mplug.org/~k12linux/rpm
>>>   matching your OS and architecture.
>>> 2) yum install ltsp-server
>>> 3) Modify /etc/sysconfig/ltspdist to allow install on F16
>>> 4) ltsp-build-client --release 14
>>
>> I've done this lots with fedora suse and with centos
>>
>> 1) Setup an ubuntu VM on your host
>> 2) install LTSP
>> 3) Drop the LTSP implementation into your host
>> 4) Do the minor fiddles to make it run
>>
>> I even wrapped it all into an rpm, with all the setup and dependancies
>> resolved. Works well
>>
> You don't need to do this on openSUSE, we have native support for
> LTSP[1], you can even use that to run on other distributions[2] like
> above steps mentions :)
>
> [1] http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:KIWI-LTSP
> [2] http://old-en.opensuse.org/LTSP/Other_Distros

You've put in LOTS of hard work over the years, I'd never dare to say 'you're
ugly and your mother dresses you funny' <smile>
I found two things :-
The ubuntu chroot nbd was easier than the SuSE native (for me)
I had a via eden cpu on my clients that DID run on ubuntu and did not run on
suse's kernel

ciao
James