On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, SZABO Zsolt wrote:

> In this squeeze setup another annoying thing is that I cannot type
> [,],{,},etc. in Mathematica since I reach them through AltGr key but it is
> not working, either. However, it is OK when I launch Mathematica in a vnc
> session (tigervnc). In the ldm login window the keyboard and these
> characters work fine, too, as well as in other applications such as xterm,
> libreoffice, iceweasel, etc.

I have restored the old lenny ltsp chroot to test the keycodes when
pressing AltGr. So logging in through ldm started from
* lenny nfsroot xkbevd shows 113 [*], but
* squeeze nfsroot xkbevd show 108...

Both sessions were used with LDM_DIRECTX option if it counts.
[*]: and the brackets and braces appeared as needed in Mathematica...

Furthermore, the keycodes files contains 113 for RALT (alias ALGR) in both
ditribution versions (/usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86). I do not know
where 108 comes from, though, the applications of the linux distribution
work well with it...

--
Zsolt