On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 02:05:44PM -0400, James McQuillan wrote:
> We're evaluating alternatives for the mailing list server.

Two things I've noticed on this general topic:

* Mailman doesn't have a meaningful approach to user or administrator
  management by default.

* Various google mailing lists often fail to deliver to non google mail
  addresses.

Freegeek uses Mailman, but we're exploring switching to Sympa because it has
reasonable user and admin management interfaces.

> One thing we've been hearing is that the current list server is slow at
> sending
> out messages.
>
> I'm sending this message at 2:05PM EDT (18:05GMT).

 Received Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:38:46 -0700 (PDT) / 18:38 (UTC)

live well,
  vagrant