On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 09:18:15AM -0000, Veli-Matti Lintu wrote:

> We've been doing some testing with lightdm + libpam-sshauth + libnss-sshsock
> over here and it mostly works. The current hack is available here if you want
> to test it out:
>
> https://github.com/opinsys/ltsp-lightdm

Can anybody point me to a good guide on PAM?  Every time I have to
configure a Linux computer to authenticate via LDAP, I go through a
bunch of PAM hocus pocus that I really don't understand.  I haven't yet
been able to find a single comprehensive guide and am stuck piecing bits
and pieces together from various online tutorials.  So before LTSP 6
comes out, I'd like to study up some more on PAM.

-Rob