On 10/22/2012 12:18 PM, Daniel Brockmann wrote:
> Hi,
> >
> hmm, I am not succeeding:
>
> meszi@linux-termsrv:~$ lsmod

This shows the modules loaded on the server, not a client.

<snip>

> When trying to connect to the LTSP client's IP address with SSH I get...
>
> meszi@linux-termsrv:~$ ssh meszi@192.168.178.41
> <mailto:meszi@192.168.178.41>
> ssh: connect to host 192.168.178.41 port 22: Connection refused

apparently, sshd isn't running on the client, at lease not on port 22.

> But the terminal shows up the LTSP server's IP address anyway...
>
> meszi@linux-termsrv:~$ ifconfig eth0

Again, you are running this command on the server. Opening terminal on
the client starts a shell on the server, not on the client.

<snip>

> How can I gain SSH access? :-/
I suggest you follow Jim's first suggestion, by going to the console of
the thin client:  sitting at the client, press <Ctrl><Alt><F1>, then log
in as root.